What Are Service Coordinators?
Service Coordinators (SCs) are a valuable resource and an important part of the overall management team. Service Coordinators link residents with services and resources within the community and assist residents in building an informal network of support.
Service Coordinators are an integral part of the management team. By being proactive in supporting residents needs, the ability of residents to maintain lease obligations is increased by addressing the needs and difficulties of residents that can jeopardize tenancy. They promote effective partnerships with property managers and service providers to improve the property and the community at large. The Service Coordinators ability to work with community agencies on behalf of the residents goes a long way in enhancing good will and the overall view of the property within the community.
Service Coordinators work closely with residents and their families, to enhance and improve their lifestyle. Most importantly, Service Coordinators empower residents to make healthy and informed choices to live their most fulfilled lifestyle!
Service Coordinators work closely with residents and their families, to enhance and improve their lifestyle. Most importantly, Service Coordinators empower residents to make healthy and informed choices to live their most fulfilled lifestyle! Some of the individualized support that Service Coordinators provide includes:
- Assistance with enrolling and maintaining benefits, such as: Medicaid, Food Stamps, Energy Assistance.
- Assistance with understanding prescription drug benefit plans
- Assistance with enrolling in free phone programs
- Referral to transportation
- Setting up meal delivery and commodities programs
- Arrange for services with hospital discharge planner
- Arrange for home medical equipment
- Assist in finding and arranging homemaker services
- Arranging job coaching services
- Providing referrals to service providers to address needs
- Liaison between families and service providers
Programs and Events Offered
In addition to the individualized one-on-one support that Service Coordinators provide to our residents, another way they support our residents is by offering events and programs at the apartment community. The goal of these programs is to promote a healthy lifestyle, but also encourage socialization and a sense of belonging.
We offer a wide variety of services, events, meetings and activities to help make your apartment home enjoyable. Our Service Coordinators office will have a calendar of events coming up!
Some of our events include:
- Medical screenings
- Wellness Education
- Healthy Living classes
- Financial counseling
- Exercise classes
- Nutrition programs
- Creativity and the Arts
Coordinators are doing: